Jason is a Kalamazoo native, with an international upbringing. He was raised speaking English and Italian, and later studied French and Japanese. Many of his summers were spent traveling the world. While attending Western Michigan University, Jason earned a Bachelor of Business Administration focusing on international marketing. It was Jason’s plan to become an international businessman. Once he met his future wife, the jet-set lifestyle plan changed to that of a family man.
Prior to his decision to attend law school, Jason gained considerable experience in business, including roles in marketing and business management. After a time in the business world, he decided to follow in his father’s footsteps and pursue a legal career. Before going to law school Jason got married and moved to Holland, MI to be near to his wife’s employer and closer to his law school.
Jason attended and graduated cum laude from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School, where he earned the Certificate of Merit in Property Law. While in law school, he served as Class Representative for the Student Bar Association and as Chapter President of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity. While in law school, Jason interned at the Cass County Prosecutor’s office. Jason was admitted to the local bar under MCR 8.120. He had his first trial in the spring of 2011. Jason would go on to manage the full district court docket in Cass County and be hired as a full-time assistant prosecuting attorney. He would amicably leave to Prosecutor’s Office to accept a request to be Judge Dobrich’s law clerk. He gained considerable trial experience over his time in Cass County, all the while having a home in Holland, MI.
Jason was now only two steps away from returning to his hometown of Kalamazoo to raise his family. He would first accept a position closer to home as a law clerk for Judge Bakker and Cronin in Allegan County. Then he would join Willis Law as an attorney in Kalamazoo, where he would gain considerable experience and forge lasting bonds of friendship with his colleagues. During his tenure at Willis Law, Jason’s wife would become a full-time professor, which allowed them to return to Kalamazoo and start a family.
In May of 2018, Jason’s experience as an attorney allowed him to join Veritas Law Group as a Partner. Throughout his legal career he gained extensive experience handling the broad needs of his business clients in areas such as Litigation, Real Estate, Employment, and Trademarks. He brings the same level of experienced and thoughtful counsel, when strategically pursuing the interests of his individual clients, where he has experience in Probate, Family, and Criminal matters. Jason is also certified as a mediator. He prides himself most on being adaptable to the unique needs of each client and circumstance.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Mediator
- Michigan, 2013
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Honors: cum laude
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Greater Kalamazoo Association of Realtors – Risk Management Committee and the Advocacy Committee, Member , Present – Jason is a member of the Greater Kalamazoo Association of Realtors where he serves on the Risk Management Committee and the Advocacy Committee.
- Michigan Real Estate Academy, Instructor – He teaches monthly courses at the Michigan Real Estate Academy, which offers a forty-hour course that provides prospective real estate professionals with the knowledge necessary for taking the State of Michigan Real Estate Salesperson Licensing Exam.
- Southwest Michigan Professionals Network, Board of Directors – Jason serves on the Board of Directors for the Southwest Michigan Professionals Network, which was organized to assist residents of southwest Michigan in the development of their personal and professional lives.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters- Junior Leadership Committee – He Serves Big Brothers Big Sisters on the Junior Leadership Committee, which is dedicated to raising funds through Bowl for Kid’s Sake and the Fire and Ice Ball.
- Stratford Hills Condominium Association, Board of Directors , Present – Jason serves on the Board of Directors for the Stratford Hills Condominium Association, where he offers his property law knowledge for the benefit of his neighbors.
Past Employment Positions
- Cass County Prosecutor’s office, Intern
- Judge Bakker and Cronin in Allegan County, Law Clerk
- Willis Law, Attorney