Frank joined the Kalamazoo County Office of the Prosecuting attorney in 1980 where he worked in every division within the office over my 28 year career. He became a senior assistant prosecutor and conducted approximately 26 murder trials and hundreds of other felony cases. Frank also worked with the Southwest Enforcement Team, a drug concept team with the Michigan State Police, for 10 years.
Upon retiring in 2008, Frank joined the Cass County Prosecutor’s Office as the chief assistant prosecutor. He worked their for 8 1/2 years handling the day-to-day administration of the office, circuit court jury trials, working in the Family Court division and with the Cass County Drug Enforcement Team before retiring in 2017.
In 2010, Frank was asked to join the Zoning Board of Appeals for Texas Township in Kalamazoo County. He has been a member ever since, and is currently the chair for the ZBA. As a result of his association with the law firm that represented Texas Township when he first began, upon retirement from Cass County, Frank was offered a part-time job with that law firm which represented municipalities throughout the state. He worked there for a year exclusively on municipal legal matters. Currently, Frank is semi-retired and working part-time for the Herbert Machnik Law Firm handling criminal cases, municipal law cases, and child custody cases.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Family Law – Child Custody
- Municipal Law
- Michigan, 1980
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- With Honors
- Michigan State University, Lansing, Michigan
- Pre-Law B.A.
- Cum Laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Michigan State Bar Association – Since 1980
Classes and presentations taught
- Drug Forfeiture Seminars – U.S. Attorney and Michigan Attorney General
- Criminal Law and Procedure Instructor – MLEOCT / KVCC
Past Employment Positions
- Kalamazoo County – Office of the Prosecuting Attorney – Sr. Assistant Prosecutor
- Cass County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office – Chief Assistant Prosecutor
Awards and Honors
- 5, 10, 15, and 25 Year Awards – Prosecuting Attorney’s Association of Michigan